Monday, November 1, 2010

Superman Spotted...


Tripp talks a lot about chickens and roosters. He can sound just like them. (And now, thanks to his PopPop, he can sound just like an owl...) Anyway, I decided to make Tripp a chicken/rooster costume. So I did some research & discovered these instructions. ADORABLE, right?

WRONG!!! Well at least according to Tripp. I sewed the 2 onesies together and stuffed them with pillow stuffing, just as the directions instructed. However, when I tried to try the bodice on Tripp, he screamed. I mean SCREAMED. So I enlisted the help of our Grandneighbor, Julie...more screaming. When Allen got home, we tried again...more screaming. So I directly went back to JoAnn's and returned the 2 white feather boas, the felt, and the eyes. Then I directly went to Wal-Mart and ended up with Superman. As soon as I showed it to Tripp, he hugged it close to his little body and then threw it in the buggy. Clark Kent had spoken - Superman it is! This boy loves anything with a cape.

Daddy doing the honors of placing on the cape. Look at that face, would you?!?! He's anxiously awaiting take-off!

1st stop - Mr. Matt's (Mis Mat, as Tripp commonly refers to him) & Mrs. Julie's (Ju-Ju)

Laffy Taffy's were his favorite.

This bucket was seriously weighing him down, but he refused to let us hold it.

Heading home.

Surveying the loot.

Happy Halloween!!

1 comment:

atfarrar said...

Oh, I just love the pictures! He looked like he had a wonderful time. I guess he sees enough
"critters" in Greenville and he just didn't want to BE one!