Friday, November 12, 2010

29 & HOLDING

Yesterday was my birthday and it was my last in the 20's. This makes me just a little sad. I told Allen yesterday morning (when he brought me weekend coffee in bed) that I thought by my 30th birthday I'd have my life together, everything would be settled, & I'd know what I wanted to be when I grow up. He responded with, "Well you've got a lot of work to do in one year." ;-)

Later that morning, I read this verse in my Upper Room..."Paul wrote, 'I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus'." Phil. 3:14
I was reminded that this life isn't mine at all - I don't have to be burdened with figuring out what to do with it. This is HIS life & as a believer I (try to!) wait patiently on His direction as I "press on toward the goal". I may not know what I want to be when I grow up, but He does and that is so reassuring & comforting to me. Ahhh... Did you hear that? That's me breathing a sigh of relief ;-)

Anyway, yesterday was a great, relaxed day. Tripp and I were treated to lunch by the Turner girls at a Mexican restaurant - thankfully, no sombreros were involved. That evening, Allen took us out for dinner - the Atlas where I had wine & sushi & it was all kinds of delicious. I would have ordered the creme brulee for dessert (my FAVORITE), if this hadn't been waiting on me at home....

compliments of my husband & J's Pastry Shop

so thankful I had help!

& another picture of me in action... with Will looking at me like I'm crazy!

Will's birthday is 5 days before mine and we are accustomed to celebrating together. Our sweet mother threw a party for us last weekend at Will's when we were there for the game.

Thanks Mom!

Will trying to pop the string on my party hat. Brothers...
Allen's expression is the same in every photo I have of him.

Grandma Judy chasing Tripp with balloons.
D-Daddy watching the game instead of looking at the camera.

Will showing off his favorite gift from yours truly.
This picture needs no explanation.


And a few pictures of some of my "loot"!!
New chair! Thanks Mom & Dad!!

Bought with some birthday cash - old Reader's Digest books. I just love the colors! And a bargain - they were $1 each!

New egg for my collection from Mamie. She bought it on her most recent cruise to Alaska. I love my Easter decorations when I get to display the gorgeous collection she & Daddy Don started for me!

Fun new bracelets for the holidays

And boy oh boy! How I love these shades - I've seen these
at Ballard, and was so thrilled when I found these at SteinMart for a fraction of the cost!
Thanks, Papa!

And this lovely mirror that's showing off a very cluttered guest bedroom. Not sure where to put it yet, but I just can't get enough of that design. Thanks, Meme!

Allen bought Tripp, I mean me, a portable DVD player for the car. Considering I get insanely car sick, & Tripp gets fiesty during our many hours spent on the road, it's probably more of a gift for Tripp... However, I have had my eye on one of these
gadgets to go in our kitchen and Allen, who is king of practicality, thought the DVD player was a good solution. He is right of course, and I'm ever-so-thankful for his ability to kill two birds with one stone. ;-)

And finally, two gifts that scream SAHM - a cutting board (pictured with the bracelets) from Tripp & a book of coupons from Kathy!

Now to my list to decide what to do with the rest of my birthday cash! What would you choose?

1 comment:

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

hey! happy birthday! so fun to know your blog now