Monday, August 16, 2010

This Post isn't about Tripp...Surprised, Right?

*I REALIZE THIS LOOKS CRAZY. I STARTED PLAYING WITH IT & DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO FINISH. SORRY!

For those of you who don't know, I have a birthday approaching soon. Well, "soon" may be pushing it. It's actually in 3 months. November 11, 2010 will mark my last birthday in the 20's. :-( :-( Double sad face. I know I shouldn't be as sad as some people, like Allen, for instance. He turns 30 this year. 30!! And...get this! He is refusing to let me throw a party. "Seriously?", you might ask. Yes, Mr. Allennofun won't let me throw a party, not a flash back 80's party, not EVEN an Auburn party. Go figure.

Anyway, since my birthday's approaching "soon", I thought I'd prepare a list for all interested parties. And feel free to roll this list over to Christmas.

I bought the bench a while back to go on our front porch. I thought it would be substantial enough, but the porch is still lacking. I think this would be perfect in the corner. Since we have newly painted pea soup green (that's really the name & I love the color! Thanks Brad!) shutters, I need new outdoor throw pillows. This leads to me #2 on my list...

#2).Gift Certificate from Fabric.com
Since I've been on this design kick (thanks to Amanda who led me to LittleGreenNotebook - I'm addicted!), I've been painting, sewing, RE-decorating everything in sight! When I found this site, I immediately ordered samples for the border around my curtains. I decided on this (I think):
This is also going on the cushions on the chairs in the dining room - indoor/outdoor fabric will be easy cleanup for all the food that gets thrown around here (I'm sure you can guess who does the food throwing around here - just a hint, it's not Allen & me...). With my GC, I will order these fabrics for pillows on my bench & chair mentioned above:


#3.) Ulu Knife (& a pretty wood or bamboo cutting board to go along with it!)
I chop more onions and garlic than an Italian chef.

#4.) Gift Card to One King's Lane
E-Cards

#5.) Domestic Note Cards from Leslie Graff
I think one large canvas print would be very dramatic in the laundry room (another item on the list of things to REdo!), but I love them all so much, I might just want both sets of print notecards. Which one is your favorite?




OK - I can't decide which one I like best, so I'd like them all! (definitely a mirror image of how I look each & every day. HA!)

#6.) This picture blown up to epic proportions
I've been thinking lately about doing Tripp's room in a vintage circus theme & using blues and reds (he loves the American flag...not sure how he became some patriotic, but I think he'd like the colors. And well, let's be honest, he IS the ringleader around here, anyway). When I saw what April did with this picture, I almost fell out. It's perfect, don't you think?

thepioneerwomancooks500

#8.) New Front Door

#9.) Old Screen Door
I would love to have a screen door between our kitchen & laundry room. And I so want to paint it a fun color (Allen mimics me saying this all the time "fun color" - I can just hear him now! He generally hates it when I say this) Plus this would hopefully be a good separator for Max & Tripp - those two are always a disaster waiting to happen.
these pictures are a thing of the past, for sure!

#10.)Victoria's Secret dream angels demi bra
I tired to find a picture of just a bra but couldn't - all I found were pics of women wearing bras & I just don't feel right about posting pictures of scantily clad women on my blog. If interested, please call for size...that's something else I don't feel right about posting on the blog. It's a shameful little number (& letter!).

#11.)2 club chairs for my living room
something similar to this. I found this one at Pier1...of course the cushion would have to be recovered in a "fun fabric", don't you think, Allen?

#12.)Rug for my living room
To be honest, I'm not even sure what I want. I'm thinking just a plain sisal or jute. But I adore this rug:
and this one:

and this one (actually, I think I heart this one. what do you think, mom? too much?):
Click to Close

OK, OK...enough day-dreaming. This mama's gotta' go change a diaper & refill a sippee cup. I'll be sure to update the list on a regular basis...:-):-) (double happy face - I love lists!)

2 comments:

LB said...

I love everything on this list (including that gorgeous picture of Tripp). And now I am spending too much time over at Little Green Notebook.

Amanda said...

Shannon, I love the rugs and your fabric choices. I love the coral rug, don't know if I could pull it off but I LOVE those. Maybe I can find a nice coral pillow instead.