Sunday, July 18, 2010

I See the Moon and the Moon Sees Me


This has been a great weekend, plain & simple. Friday evening, after eating one of the best meals I've cooked in a long time (if you can't brag on yourself on your own blog, where can you?!), we went to a park. Tripp and Max ran around the bases on the baseball field about a 100 times. A good way to ensure that both would sleep soundly through the night. Saturday morning began with a breakfast run to McD's and then to Palafox Market. Tripp loves the live music and seeing all the dogs that come along with their owners. That afternoon, we went to a birthday party for Jacob - not just any birthday party, but a Jumping Par-tay!
Tripp had a blast!
And so did Allen.
And so did Shannon.
ha!

Seriously, it was fun. Parents were encouraged to jump along with their kids, and JUMP we did! (although, we both feel like we need a trip to the chiropractor...)

The birthday boy, Jacob.

I think these two were on a party high-too much cake!!

After leaving the party, we drove to the beach in search of a snow cone - not for Tripp, but for Allen. We didn't find one, so we had dinner at Sideline's instead, and then played on the beach. This is Tripp's general expression when he sees the water...
He loves the water and the sand and the birds and the shells and the crabs and the fish and the boats...he is constantly pointing at things he wants Allen and me to see.
We generally respond with, "Yes, Tripp, I see the (insert item of interest). Thank you for showing that to me." I bet I say it a 1000 times a day!

I have two ideas about what the following expression is telling me:
1.) Mom, I bet you have no idea how silly you look chasing me around with that camera all the time.
2.)Mom, I know you don't me want to, but I'm definitely about to run in the ocean, regardless of the fact that I don't have on a bathing suit.

Option #2 was the apparent winner. He ran straight for the water and ended up getting his lower half soaked...and then his upper half. His pants were falling down so we eventually gave in to this...


"Yes, Tripp. I see the moon. Thank you for showing it to me, sweet boy." Good night!


4 comments:

Grandneighbor JuJu said...

Your blog is just wonderful! I love all of Trip's expressions.

Grandneighbor JuJu said...

That last picture of Trip pointing to the moon and your comment to him brought tears to my eyes.

Ann said...

Hi Shannon! Didn't know you had a blog. Just checked out these pictures of Tripp. He is adorable, Shannon! How old is Tripp? Andrew was 18 months on the second of this month. It is a challenge at times to have them close together, but Ellie and Luke are sixteen months apart and they always have someone to play with. You'll get the itch again soon enough, I'm sure. I really don't enjoy pregnancy, so it was hard for me to bite the bullet and take all that comes with that long 9 months. But the end result is worh it:) Hope you're doing well!

LB said...

hey--thanks for the clothing info. There is a sale in Buckhead at the end of August that I am going to check out; maybe I will have some success. In the mean time, I asked Scott to dress John for his doctor's appointment yesterday, and when we got there, I realized that John was wearing a Wal-Mart brand onesie with a big hole in the side. Nice, right?