Monday, July 12, 2010

Tripp vs. the Chickens


FACT: My dad can build anything.
Wait...
Addendum to FACT: My dad can create/imagine/design/draw/sketch anything and then build it.

The latest invention is a chicken coop. Not just any chicken coop - but a chicken coop for my mom...so you know it had to be good. Mom wouldn't allow no crappy coop in her yard (I'm sorry - I just had to word it that a-way...). It doesn't matter that she has a whole forest of bottle trees or random scraps of metal sticking up here and there. No, sirree! When it comes to chicken coops, this had to be the "coop de la creme". (I'm cracking myself up:-)) Check out this beauty!
I had seen the work in progress once before, but today I had the joy and the privilege and the honor of seeing the (almost) finished project, and I was impressed to say the least. And so was this little guy...
Do you see that pointer finger? He's telling that chicken that this masterpiece is in fact no coop at all, but a playhouse, his playhouse. And if that chicken (or any of the live ones, which somehow didn't end up in this post) wants to take this playhouse, well he's just going to have to get past him...

"What? You don't think I can handle some peckin' chickens?"

Lately, talk has turned to chickens a lot. In fact, a visit to Aunt Kim's brought up the subject of chickens once again, but not live ones this time. If a fake rubber chicken has this effect on Tripp, I'm not so sure he can handle a live one, after all!


P.S. - One of my favorite things in the world is Kim's expressions. Love you, Kim!


2 comments:

atfarrar said...

Well, Shannon, it's official...now everyone knows that your parents are going through a mid-life crisis...bottle trees and chicken coops! Or maybe, in your dear dad's defense, maybe it's just my crisis (or insanity)! Whatever it is, I sure am having fun with it!! From the looks of these photos, I think the next honey-do project will have to be a fort for Tripparoo! By the way, your descriptions of these photos are also cracking me up!?!?!?

Grandneighbor JuJu said...

It isn't a mid-life crisis April....it is as Shannon says.....you are just from Alabama! I love your chicken coop. Shannon that photo of Trip with the rubber chicken is award winning. You are going to have to start using a video camera and win some money on FHV.