Monday, August 23, 2010

What are you Reading?

I wish I were a member of a book club - I need to work on this. Seriously, I love to read. I come from a long line of readers. My husband does not. He cannot understand why I've positioned a chair in our living room AWAY (heaven forbid!) from the television. This is my reading chair & I love to sit there at night after Tripp has gone to sleep and read, and read, and read (even though I do have the TV blaring in my ear as Allen watches). Here's what I'm reading right now:
I want to see the movie, but refuse to watch it until I've read the book. Are y'all like this? I CANNOT watch a movie until I've read the book.


I love this author. I got started with her Big Cherry Holler series - fun, quick, easy reads. Now that my brain is able to function a little better after a year's worth of sleepless nights, I'm reading the books she wrote while I was in "infant land."
*On a side note, I just saw on Ms. Trigiani's site that she is offering tours of Italy. I've always wanted to go to Italy and especially now since I'm reading 2 books set in Italy (Still in 1st part of Eat Pray Love). Maybe I should add "Trip to Italy" on my birthday list...a girl can dream!

Just checked out this book from the library:
Although Allen is not a reader, sometimes he lets me read to him. OK, this has happened once:-), but I think, since this is a short read, this might hold his interest long enough to get through the book. By the way, this is the first in a series about men of the Bible. I read this series about women of the Bible and loved it. Actually, I've loved everything she's written.

This is my "waiting to be read" book. All the women in my family have read it & said it's a "must". I can't wait!

Finally, oh finally. This is what's playing in my car right now:

I have a shocking confession to make - I don't remember reading this book. I may have, but I seriously don't remember! I DO remember watching the movie (oh the horror of watching before reading!) in the basement of my junior high school boyfriend's parent's house (enough description for you?) as the book was on our required reading list. Anyway, I only subscribe to one magazine these days, Southern Living, and there was an article recently about the anniversary of the publication. As I was reading to Allen (ok - so he's actually let me read to him twice) about an encounter between Nell Harper Lee & Coach Pat Dye (you know that caught his attention), I knew I had to read this book. But since I'm reading 3 books right now, I decided to get this one on audio. Here's hoping Tripp will learn to appreciate Southern literature as we run to the grocery store & back...:-)

So, what are you reading?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

haha...I ready Taylor the exact same article with Pat Dye and Nell Harper as well! I just read The Help and it was amazing!!! I just started the first Harry Potter book. We will see, it is ok..maybe it will grow on me and I will read them all.