Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Finally! A Post about Tripp!

A few recent stories about Tripp - the boy surprises me every day.

He's trying so hard to talk! Although he's not very good at completing words, he is good at saying one or two sounds within a word, so we generally have an idea as to what he's saying. For instance, "please" is "luh-ease". And yes, he does say it using at least 2 syllables.

Story #1 - We've been trying to get him to say please when he wants something. I was getting very tired of pointing, grunts, yells, & screams. He's done very well with this, and I hear him in the kitchen many times throughout the day saying, "luh-ease". (He's a non-stop eater.) The other day I was baking a cake and had given him the spatula to hold while I was pouring the batter in the pan. The time came when I needed the spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl. I repeatedly asked Tripp to give me the spatula to no avail. Finally, he looked at me & said, "luh-ease." So I said, "Please give mommy the spatula." And of course, he did with a big smile on his face...

Story #2 - As I've mentioned, he eats a lot. And before we eat, he always reminds us to pray. Before we can sit down at the table, he has those little hands clasped together. And although no sound is coming from his lips, he is moving them, nodding his head up & down, & making a valiant effort to close his eyes.

Story #3 - He's quite the magician. He loves to make things disappear, especially his pacifier...between his legs.
"Where'd my pacifier go?"

Allen and I have to act out this whole scenario of looking for the pacifier, asking T if he's seen it, asking each other if we seen it, asking Max if he's seen it...
He thinks it's very funny when we look for it.

Eventually Tripp will hold it high in the air with this expression on his face:

"Here it is!" It cracks me up that he's pointing to it.

And then we exclaim with great joy, "You found it, Tripp, you found it!!!"

Other things he likes to hide:

stuffed animals in toilets
View 080500082...jpg in slide show
toys in trash cans
View 080200161...jpg in slide show
himself
View 072000084...jpg in slide show

Story #4 - He loves popsicles. We were taking a break from the heat and sat down in the middle of the kitchen floor to eat a popsicle. Mid-consumption, he stopped eating, picked up the wrapper, walked to the trash can & threw it in. He started running towards me, all smiles, with his hands outstretched to me. We had to give about 10 high fives for that act of cleanliness. I was so proud, until later that afternoon and found this...
View 081900095...jpg in slide show
As his Uncle Will said, "Yeah, Tripp. I'd hide my face too if I were you." What a mess!

1 comment:

Milla said...

This is just precious, Shannon!! I love reading your updates on your sweet family. Give that boy a hug from a long-lost-friend that he's never met but loves him from afar!!