Tuesday, November 30, 2010

$6 Window Treatment

I normally don't blog about DIY home projects and that's for one reason and one reason alone...
I NEVER FINISH THEM!!!
Oh if only my husband knew how to comment on my posts. This is probably his biggest complaint (& I'm sure the only! ha!) with his darling wife. I've mentioned before that my friend Amanda tuned me in to LittleGreenNotebook and I've been addicted ever since. As soon as I found her blog, I rummaged through every yard sale, every thrift store, every flea market I could find and had loads of success...I mean loads! And my back garage proves it - there are shelves upon shelves of great furniture pieces that are just waiting to be turned into something even greater. But there is a problem - I always have a vision, but I DON'T always have the time or know-how.

Today I made the time. Check out my new pelmet box in the guest bedroom!

I love it and feel a sense of completion. Who cares that the paint on the back of the living room shelves hasn't been finished, or that only 1/2 a wall is stenciled in the foyer, or that our bed has no bedskirt, or that...well, you get my drift.

For those interested, I used these instructions here and varied just a bit based on the materials I had. The $5.90 I spend was for fabric & trim. My sweet husband salvaged some old project boards from work and knew I would appreciate them. I did! And look what I did with them Allen! Aren't you proud? ;-)

3 comments:

LB said...

LOVE IT. I am so impressed. And I have a million ideas for home improvement, but they are just that--ideas. I agree--who has the time, or let me rephrase, who has time when little feet aren't constantly following behind?

Amanda said...

That looks great! I love it! It makes me want to try the boxes too!

Grandneighbor JuJu said...

Well done Shannon! I just love your blog!