Sunday, December 5, 2010

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

Where am I going, you might ask...
ARIZONA!!!!
In case you haven't heard, Auburn won the SEC Championship game & we are headed to play for the national championship in January. Seriously, I'm beyond excited! Our hotel & flight is booked, and our tickets are paid for! We are flying into Vegas and driving to Phoenix for the game. We're also staying in Las Vegas - I am beyond excited.

Since this post is a post about Auburn, I just want to give a few reasons why I love it so much. Auburn is not JUST about football - trust me, I've sat on those cold hard stands during quite a few losses thinking, "What am I doing here?" Then I look around and see my "football family" in Section 48 - the same faces I see almost every Saturday in the fall and know why. Through good or bad, wins or losses, we're not just supporting the Auburn Tigers, we're supporting Auburn.

This season, Coach Chizik coined the phrase, FAMILY, ALL IN and if you've ever been to a game, walked on campus, rolled Toomer's Corner, or attended Tiger Walk, you know what he's talking about. There is a spirit about Auburn that is indescribable and I just love it.


I love that Auburn is where I "put off my old self, which was being corrupted by its deceitful desires, and was made new in the attitude of my mind; and put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."

I love that Auburn is where I spent some oh-so-fun years in the White House with some oh-so-fun girls.

I love that Auburn is where my path crossed with Allen's. I'll never forget talking to him for the first time in Foy...aahhh, MELT! He had me at hello, no joke. :-) I'm so thankful that we get the chance to go back each Saturday in the fall and take a walk down memory lane...it's good for the soul, to remember how we got started, to drive past Keisel Park, to walk on Samford's lawn, to wear our orange and blue. I cherish it, in fact.


So, to reiterate, it's not JUST Auburn football, it's about life-changing years I spent there. I hope Tripp gets to experience it. I hope he believes in Auburn and loves it just as much as his parents. War Eagle!

No comments: