Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A!

I've been inspired by my friend, Laura Beth. She is homeschooling her daughter who is pre-school age. I know Tripp hasn't reached that age yet, but I thought I'd try my hand at a little "home schooling" myself. Taking LB's lead (& other bloggers), we jumped right in with the letter A. It was a slow start, but after a little research, I was overloaded with ideas and thought I may have to spend 2 weeks per letter, instead of just one week! These are a few of the things we did...



2.) Wore our Airplane shirt & our Aubie hat


3.) Looked for Ants on the ground and Airplanes in the sky

4.) Ate lots of Applesauce and drank lots of Apple juice (this, however, is normal for every week!)

5.) Read our book from Sugar about Noah and the Ark

6.) Listened/watched Johnny Appleseed

7.) Put together an Alligator puzzle

8.) Sidewalk chalk was used to draw many A's on the driveway, along with alligators, apples, ants, airplanes

9.) Colored the A is for Apple page and practiced the sign

10.) Read our A books from the library


11.) Ate Asparagus one night for dinner (he hated it, but it was worth a shot)

12.) Listened to the A sounds

13.) Made a paper Airplane using this template


We have had an Awesome week! And although my allergies are driving me crazy, we are looking forward to a fun trip to Auburn. LS WHO?

1 comment:

atfarrar said...

Well, I AM ABSOLUTELY excited that I get to keep my AMAZING grandson this weekend. All of this is AWESOME; what neat things you ALL did:)