Monday, March 28, 2011

Tripp's New Room

So I went a little crazy last week and completely switched Tripp's room with the guest bedroom.  And then I almost had a meltdown.  And then I almost switched them back, but Allen said no.  Needless to say, our house is in disarray.  Why did I switch them, you might ask?
1.) Well, the guest bedroom was smaller than Tripp's room and we had a queen bed in there - it was taking up the entire room.
2.) I also had a desk and a sewing nook in the guest bedroom that I could barely get to.
3.) We just moved Tripp into a twin bed (and he loves it! sleeps for like 10 hours every night!).  I thought the twin bed would fit much better in the smaller room.
4.) We had a huge white cabinet in Tripp's room that provided A LOT of storage, but not for things we needed to store in there.  For instance, we NEEDED more toy storage, but this cabinet had shelves that were too tall for him.
5.) I have a job that I get to do from home (& am loving it!), which is requiring more and more of my time.  And Tripp hates it - he will literally come into the office, push the keyboard under the desk, and say, "No work, Mommy!"  So I was thinking I needed a room that was large enough for a desk/computer and a TV/play area for Tripp.  Hence the switch!

(ON A SIDE NOTE, THE OFFICE I'M WORKING IN IS VERY MUCH ALLEN'S - IT'S ALL ORANGE AND BLUE AUBURN AND HE WOULD NOT LET ME CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT IT. I LOVE AUBURN BUT THAT OFFICE IS ABOUT TO DRIVE ME CRAZY WITH ALL IT'S DARKNESS.  SO REALLY, I COULD BLAME MY HUSBAND ON THE CRAZY SWITCHING OF THE ROOMS...:-)).

So all good reasons right?  Here are a few before pictures and I will post some after pictures one of these days - I figure if this post is out there, someone would hold me accountable and ask about AFTER pictures.  This is incentive for me to finish Tripp's room!

These pictures were taken right after Tripp came home from the hospital...his room never looked like this again.  Note to all mothers-to-be: if you decide not to find out the sex of the baby, and think you'll decorate a nursery AFTER the baby is born...YOU WON'T!!  I dillusionally thought I'd decorate a nursery in record time after we brought home baby...it never happened.  Check out those bare walls!  I was too tired to really even care what the room looked like.


Guest Bedroom


OK, and here are a few "inspiration" pictures for Tripp's new room:






Wish me luck and Happy Monday!!

OH wait, here's a picture of Tripp (for all you grandparents out there who only read my blog so you can see a picture of him!)

He's beautiful, isn't he, sleeping so soundly in his big boy bed?!

6 comments:

atfarrar said...

WOW! That is a lot of information for a Monday morning! FYI, I think I know a fellow that could build that storage unit that would be lower for the little guy...And yes, that is a sweetheart in that last picture!! SO GLAD he's sleeping all night!

Amanda said...

Hey! I'm doing those airplanes in our nursery!!! Great minds think alike right??? I saw that on a blog and loved it too. Can't wait to see Tripp's room!

shannon said...

Amanda - I'm actually doing fish prints in Tripp's room...I just like the way those plane prints are displayed. Can't wait to see the nursery - you always do such a great job!

shannon said...

Mom, one step ahead of you! I've already mentioned to Dad. I just need to make up my mind where I want it so I can give dimensions...

LB said...

Shannon--I always read your blog on my phone (it's my only internet during the day), so I never comment b/c it's too hard on my phone. ANYWAY, I am on my mom's computer, so I am coming to comment. I love all the room pictures--can't wait to see the end result. AND I am so glad you are enjoying the new job. That's so great that you are able to do that from home and that you are loving it so much!! Okay, that's all I wanted to say:)

Grandneighbor JuJu said...

This blog has gotten a little boring......It needs some new action. Where are the Easter pictures. LOL! Love this blog!