Thursday, March 3, 2011

Delight to my Heart

Have any of you read the NieNie Dialogues blog?  Her story is heartbreaking and inspiring all at the same time.  When I need a little perspective, I head on over to her blog.  I'm always encouraged and reminded of how precious my life is.  For a quick version of her story, you can watch/listen here.  So after revisiting her story, I decided to forget about the messy house which is still scattered with circus decorations, and I decided to forget about the laundry piled in our closet floor, and I decided to forget about all the unmade beds - the only thing I wanted to focus on was one little laughing boy chasing me (and Max) with a water gun...






It was all fun and games until I made him come inside and put on some dry clothes.  But a little sip of mom's peach tea seemed to do the trick.  We had a beautiful day of bike riding, water splashing, sidewalk chalk drawing, basketball playing and book reading.  I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Discipline your son, and he will give you rest; he will give delight to your heart.
(Proverbs 29:17 ESV)

Not so sure how Allen and I are doing on the "discipline" part, but Tripp definitely gives "delight" to my heart.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Beautiful in every way!

Angie said...

Beautiful!!!!