Monday, December 5, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas!

Key word here - beginning. 
I had/have all these wonderful plans for Christmas and am already feeling like I may not be able to fit it all in.  And I have all these visions of everything turning out perfectly.  HA!  I started to feel disappointed when my muffin tin advent calendar didn't look as "perfect" as the one on pinterest, and I started to get a little OCD when my milk jug snowman still had the expiration date on the outside.  But here's what struck me tonight as I was cutting out tiny little (imperfect, totally not traced, free-handed!) circles to hot glue on felt ornaments -

a 2 year old doesn't care about perfectionism!

I mean seriously, do you think he even noticed that the baby in the frame below is NOT a picture of him?  Not once.  I've only had the frame for 2 years.  What's the rush?

Or what about a crooked star on top and a string of lights not working on our pre-lit tree? 
He hasn't said one word.

That little container on top was filled with these little pieces of deliciousness.
Do you think he uttered one complaint when he was eating tiny bits of wax paper that I could NOT for the life of me scrape off the bottom of the pretzels?  NO!

And what about the ribbon I cut too short for the middle jar?

Or the uneven stipes and crooked candy canes?
 

Or two Mary's in one nativity scene?  Little hands keep taking Mary from his nativity scene and putting it in mine.  Why?  Because Mary is a "girl's toy".


"As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him."
Psalm 18:30

Perfectionsim?  I'm throwing it out the window.  This Christmas season, I'll be taking refuge in Him and loving on these two:

Who needs the three wise men coloring page mommy printed out when you have a live model to display your talents?

No comments: